Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

How can I love bothersome people around me?

I am sharing the answers to some of the questions I meditated upon. To me, these are difficult questions and I could only find answers during deep meditation. I believe they are true but difficult-to-follow-solutions.

How can I love bothersome (aggressive/ interfering/ threatening) people around me?

I saw during the meditation that the people around me (adults and children) are what they are. They are as perfect as they are supposed to be.

When they “appear” to be aggressive, they are like the fire. Fire, in which if I put my finger I will definitely feel the “burn”. I should maintain my safe distance while cooking or getting warmth from it.

When some of them “seem” to be interfering, it is because I am allowing them to interfere in my life. They are like a puddle of water. If I try to stomp my feet into it, the puddle will splash water onto me and my clothes. I will be the one who will be in a “mess”. When I come across a puddle; I need to traverse it very carefully i.e., with the heel first and then slowly pushing the toes into it.

Similarly when some people “threaten” to be aggressive, it is because they are like a heavy shower. If it is raining outside and I just walk out of home, I will get “wet”, because that is what water does. When stepping out into the rain, I need to take an umbrella and wear my rain coat, else I will be drenched.

Therefore, each and every person in my life is just being “perfectly” what they are. They are following their own nature.

The biggest truth is I cannot change them and therefore should not expect them to be any different.

The only thing that needs to change is my thought pattern, before, during and after “being” with these people, His perfect blessings in my life. I would like to TRY (with His awareness) to give my love and not to get affected by their reactions. I have realized I need to apply a coating of ‘His love” so that nothing else can affect me, like a layer of paint prevents an iron bench from getting rusted.

All I need to be is to be myself and follow my heartfelt wishes. And I know that I wish to be like Him. I wish to give His love to everyone. I pray that I am able to stay focused and connected with Him as I am during my meditation; much after completing the meditation.

No comments: