Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Saturday, October 1, 2011

My tears revealed my dictionary (poem)

At the dental office,
letting Dentist clean my teeth,
each time it would hurt, I told him,
and he stopped a little before proceeding.

His new assistant,
was constantly commenting,
about how to fill my lost baby tooth,
and dentist was denying most of her ideas.

It was bothering me,
both the uninvited suggestions,
and the constant noise it was creating,
but I chose to keep quiet, focusing on God.

I was hoping to tell,
the dentist at next appointment,
but, something told me to be at ease now,
"Honor your feelings and do something about them."

He was painting my teeth,
I knew the session was almost done,
but from somewhere, I gathered the courage,
to politely yet firmly ask them to stop conversing.

They stopped immediately,
and I wondered despite my uneasiness,
why did I not speak up my discomfort to them,
and the answer was, "Its NOT KIND to stop others."

At home after breakfast,
I asked myself where did I learn,
that kindness means to let others walk over me,
and I saw, "Mama being kind to papa's unkindness."

***
Aum Tat Sat (God is Truth)

No comments: