Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

How do I overcome my fearful thoughts?

I am sharing the answers to some of the questions I meditated upon. To me, these are difficult questions and I could only find answers during deep meditation. I believe they are true but difficult-to-follow-solutions.

How do I overcome fearful thoughts popping up in my mind?

I went out for a walk to blow away my fearful thoughts under the open sky and in the cool breeze. Each time they came up, I told myself I need to focus on "now" in this moment in my hand, instead of worrying about what if that happens and then that would happen and then I would do so and so….. Focusing on the available choices in that moment helped me in enjoying the nature, the sound of walking over the dry leaf, the smiling people and the waving-smiling child in his stroller. But as soon as I entered home, the negatives thoughts started pounding back.

Then without taking off my jacket, I did what always works for me, meditation. Within a few minutes, I could relax my body as I saw a tornado hit building (on the L.H.S) torn down next to the still standing multi-level building called me. On other side (R.H.S) the adjacent building had already been brought down in front of my eyes by the earthquake. While on the land in front of me, a huge bulldozer was making an enormous sound while crushing some other dilapidated buildings. The noise and the vibration created by the bulldozer were so high that I (the only standing building) was vibrating too. Then I realized that just because the environment around me was chaotic and out of control, it does not mean that I need to start worrying. I am earthquake-tornado-and-bulldozer-vibration-proof, why do I need to worry. There need not be any fears in my mind. I should be relaxing and enjoying the life going on inside my building.

Then I knew it implied that if I have this strong connection within, then I need not fear, worry or get stressed. All will be fine. Nothing can harm me. So, all I need to do is sing “Don’t worry be happy".

No comments: