Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Friday, May 7, 2010

Friendship begins with listening (poem)

I wish to create a friendship with my husband, which I lost right after we got married, 14 years ago. In our relationship, I have seen him as imposing and myself as a victim or a rebel. But, with this aspiration to be friends once again, I am observing myself helplessly reacting, either crying and complaining about him like a victim or blocking out like a rebel. This morning, too, I replied back like a rebel and noticed it minutes later, that is not how a friend replies. Now, I have got to be more aware so that soon I begin catching myself in that moment and correct it right away and eventually be in the awareness and never let it happen in the first place, with a belief that "Anything is possible" This is what I realized this morning:

***

If I wish to create a friendship with him,
then I have got to begin listening to him like a friend,
with an open mind, that in his "own" ways he is helping me,
instead of replying like a rebel, "Don't tell me. I know it all."

***
Aum Tat Sat

No comments: