Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 9, 2012

In this lifetime...

To love, is my purpose,
I experienced oneness, in loving those seeking children.

To respect, is my pride,
I experienced upliftment, in honoring those underprivileged kids.

To educate, is my aspiration,
I experienced contentment, in exploring with those scared Newtons.

To nourish, is my fulfillment,
I experienced bliss, in nurturing the tounges and bellies of those poor citizens.

I experienced it on Feb. 2, 2012 (http://surrenderlistenandgive.blogspot.com/2012/02/this-is-fulfillment.html).

Yesterday (Feb. 8,2012), I went to share the hand made Valentine's day cards with those children; to realize that they need more of all this. They are waiting and looking forward for me to come back with food and do some science.

This first event happened, with the financial support from just 2 acquaintances. When I asked them, why did you write the check to me and not to any established organization, this is what I heard:

The first one, a college classmate (who hasn't met me in 22 years) said,
"For I believe in you, your word and commitment just by reading your sharings on FB."
She feels that she is very privileged and knows that the world can be changed through education.

Another, my roommate from IIT-Delhi (who I meet regularly),
"I see you as a messenger."
She wishes to create some good karma for herself.

A complete stranger mother at my kids school on reading about this, joined me. She served those children gourmet Thai food in the eco-friendly, very pretty plates she had bought. She joined me, for she always wanted to do that, but could never find an opportunity to do it. "I simply grabbed the chance and felt the bliss in serving.", she said.

My heartfelt gratitude to 3 of them and now, I am heading for Delhi to create a similar event on Feb. 17th. With an intention to serve underprivileged kids with love and honor, in addition to giving them an exposure to access their inherent exploring boxes.

I saw the twinkle in the eyes of the kids here (in US on Feb. 2nd), that makes me beleieve, that just because they are poor or have uneducated parents doesn't mean they cannot be a Newton. I need not stop at just serving food, love and honor.

Therefore, I seek your prayers that once again, I be provided with all that is needed to make it happen.

Thank you for reading.

Gunjan Raizada Chakravarty
***
Aum Tat Sat (God is Truth)

No comments: