Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Are we using 5 senses for our pleasure? (poem)

I went to meet a friends father after 16 years,
for he had always been very dear to me.

I was asking him questions and he was replying,
from whatever he understood I had asked.

Then, he said his hearing aid's battery is low,
but did not allow me to get it changed.

I realized, its no point trying to communicate,
so we sat in silence for few minutes.

In silence, I could hear his screaming loneliness,
and in his smile, "I am OK", pretense.

I immediately got up to walk away in helplessness,
for it was too heavy to see him in pain.

This morning, in meditation the heaviness resurfaced,
and along with it surfaced my own stuff.

He was not able to communicate for he could not hear,
but what pained me was my own frustration.

When dear people in my life with perfect five senses,
couldn't understand my words, "I NEED YOU".

Why can't someone with sight, see the impact of rebuke,
on the shutting down in people's bodies?

Why can't someone with hands, feel the impact of a slap,
the fear it has sown in their child's life?

God, has blessed us with 5 senses for a bigger purpose.
Are we using them for pleasure or kindness?

***
Aum Tat Sat (God is Truth)

No comments: