Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Sunday, May 6, 2012

On my morning walk this morning...

while listening to chirping birds, I saw a dead bird.

I searched for leaves/twigs to move it out of the sidewalk.

When I couldn't find anything, I picked it with both my hands.

But, my hands continued to stink much after I had touched the body.

And I was full of uneasiness on sensing a soldiers pain of walking over dead.

I repeatedly washed my hands and smelt it, to make sure that stink had gone away.

I realized just like this bird's body, my body is perishable too, and is going to rot one day.

All my craziness for dressing it up in good clothes and focusing on its desires seemed futile.

***
Aum Tat Sat (God is Truth)

No comments: