Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Enough of, "this is the way it has always been.." (poem)

Why did I need
to wait to eat together,
when the food was ready
and I was extremely hungry?

Why did I not honor my hunger,
whether I was at my sister's or sister-in-laws,
whether I was the hostess or I was an invited guest,
why did I sometimes starve or hide in the kitchen to eat?

Why was I stuck with my supposed-to-be,
which does not allow the girl/women/host/guest,
to eat when they are hungry and they need to wait for men/children,
or even tolerate conversations about,"this is the way it has been happening"?

Why could not I express myself whether to parents or family?
Why was I stuck in looking pretty by obeying the rules set by my family?
Why is that most of the rules, expectations are from the women/lady/mother of home?
Why is that the men get to judge, complain out loudly and women can only cry silently in hiding?
 ***
Aum Tat Sat (God is Truth)

No comments: