Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My first driving ticket (poem)

I was in the car pool lane in a freeway with my kids.

The cop car was way behind me, and I was driving at 70-75mph.

Then his car came right after me, as if asking me to speed up ahead.

To give him way, I sped upto 80 mph and just then I saw his blinking lights.

I pulled over to the right following his blinking lights and got a citation for speeding.

I was astonished, because I thought I did the right thing by speeding up instead of blocking him.

But, he told me, come what may, the speed limit has to be 65 mph, even in any lane, under any circumstances.

I realized that, perhaps I have got to stay within the speed limit, whether the road is empty, or am being pressured to go fast.

***
Aum Tat Sat

No comments: