Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I walked away smiling deep within (poem)

Yesterday, it was a sunny morning after days of rains,
I stepped out for the walk, and there he was smiling,
lawn mower in residential complex, mowing grass,
as I walked closer, he waved with his one hand.

I stopped next to this ever friendly person,
who had once expressed his happiness,
in broken English-Mexican accent,
when I was playing with my son.

When I recognized him, I stopped by,
he turned off the loud machine,
and took out his ear plugs,
and used hand gestures.

I could only follow that,
he was pointing to Sun,
my heart said, "Hug",
and my mind, "No".

I walked away 3 steps,
and he resumed work,
I returned; asked,
And I hugged.

***
Aum Tat Sat

No comments: