Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Yes pain is painful, but it need not be (poem)

I suffered with pain,
when I heard no, from, who I loved,
when my mother left, all of a sudden,
when I could not walk with injured back,
when I felt lonely and longed to be heard,
when I was molested and asked to keep quiet,
when I tried to prove myself to be the good girl,
when I struggled to be multi-tasker and hyper clean.

But, I felt uplifted,
when I sent him love, without expecting,
when I published my grief on losing mama,
when I connected to strangers full of empathy,
when I listened compassionately to one who needed,
when I shared this humiliation, overcoming my shame,
when I released the pressure of bringing pride to my father,
when I accepted myself as lazy, slow and not-really-street-smart.

***
Aum Tat Sat

No comments: