Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hey, there is so much more to life than DESIRING (poem)

I used to cross those construction workers,
everyday and simply sympathize with them,
while driving, inside my air conditioned car;
seeing them work amidst heat, dust and noise.

On this October 2nd, I (along with a friend),
walked with an offering of watermelon slices,
through the blowing dust, bothersome noise
on an extremely hot day from 1:30- 2:30 pm.

We walked and offered chilled watermelon,
specifically to those workers in their world,
where they work 8 hours a day, everyday
and man, it was very difficult and repulsive.

But, that 1 hour has shifted my perspective,
I am thanking God ever since for all I have,
and especially that I have been blessed not to
work under those conditions, to earn money.

I felt the strain in their bodies and pain in ears,
I saw on their face, the sweat and helplessness,
I got a glimpse inside their world and HEARD
"Hey, there is so much more to life than desiring".

***
Aum Tat Sat (God is Truth)






2 comments:

Lana said...

http://lanasheablog.wordpress.com/2012/10/17/follow-thy-heart/

Lana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.