Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Monday, June 30, 2008

What is the role of a thought?

Why is a thought so important? Does it have any significance?

I realized during this morning meditation that a small little thought (oscillating in mind) increases to the order of 10 ten times in its size and power even before it comes out as a word. Further, if the thought continues to exist in mind, after becoming words they multiply by another factor of 10 (both in its size and power) before it becomes action.

In other words, if a thought sneaks inside my mind, it would simply keep on increasing in its size and power by a factor of 10 (as word) and 100 (as action), before it becomes a habit and further character. Further, this complete process (thoughts becoming words leading to an action) may happen in a few minutes.

These numbers and visualization along with some recent experiences shook me up. I realized how important it is to filter each thought, for its inherent exponentially multiplying power and size.

Therefore, I pray to God to give me the right thinking to allow only divine thoughts to enter my mind.

With this prayer, I aspire that I think what the divinity wants me to think, I speak what the divinity wants me to speak, I write what the divinity wants me to write and I act the way divinity wants me to act.

I am wishing that each new thought entering (and the ones already existing) in my mind lead to further my spiritual growth, the welfare of the community, and blesses me with an ability to share love with all people around me.

Aum Tat Sat

June 30th, 2008

No comments: