Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Japanese Friendship Garden (poem)

In a pond inside this tranquil garden,
the water is still and absolutely clear,
so much, that I could see everthing,
the dancing tadpoles, coins and algae.


Then at a certain point the same water
begins gushing down like a waterfall,
but when it hits against rocks in path,
I can hear it and see only the bubbles.

Looking at that, I felt this is like me,
when I meditate the very first thing,
on waking up in the early morning,
my body is still and my mind is calm.

But, the entire day, when I am busy,
carrying out the activities in the day,
my body is perpetually on the move,
and my mind is stirred up constantly.

Perhaps, its a good idea to do this,
sometimes let body relax in chair,
and the mind gurgle out in writing,
so that I can see the blocking rocks.

***
Aum Tat Sat

No comments: