Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Monday, July 5, 2010

Look, what am I doing? (poem)

I was with my college friends, laughing and singing,
at the local Nirulas restaurant, after over 21 years.

Just like good old days, we were screaming together,
trying to make our own voices louder than the others.

In that moment of utter chaos and fun-filled smiles,
somewhere I stopped in between, for it felt different.

I WITNESSED, even though we were all over 40, parents,
and responsible adults, we were messing up like teens.

***

I was in the middle of a deep crying arising from belly,
while sharing with my sister on the phone, my uneasiness.

She was at her work in India, surrounded by her coworkers,
and therefore was simply listening without saying anyword.

I was here in US, under a huge spell of painful complaints,
trying to squeeze out my discomforts through tearful words.

Within those 3 minutes, I suddenly felt an awesome silence,
and I stopped howling when a passive me WITNESSED active me.

***

Aum Tat Sat

No comments: