Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Today, I am writing from a place of love, which overcame my fear (poem)

I have been so scared of my husband's anger,
that I don't say anything, if I knew he won't like it,
for it would get him angry, and that in turn would spoil peace at home,
and this has been happening ever since we met and then got married, for last 17 years.

When I was young, whenever my father got angry,
I used to rush to the restroom, waiting for him to calm,
while he is giving vent, to his unpleasantness at my siblings and mother,
and I noticed that I have been the same 5 year old, even though I am a 42 year mother of two.

But, yesterday morning, I just needed to clean up,
I wished to remove the dead PC off the study table to create space,
When I asked my husband for help, he simply refused to move it away for me,
I had a choice to let it be, for the peace in family, or do the much needed reorganization on study table.

I asked my 7 year old to help me move the heavy PC,
together, and we slowly shifted it off to the floor from the table,
and I encountered the fearful moment again, when my husband would see it,
but, yesterday, instead of rushing off to the restroom, I radiated towards him God's love and he did not get angry about it.

***
Aum Tat Sat (God is Truth)

No comments: