Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

When a heart touches another, without touching (poem)

On Dec., 10, I was offering washed-juicy-big-grapes-in-packs
to the nannies with infants in the park, to the lady delivering mails,
to the construction workers with a smile and a sentence of gratitude;
till, I walked across to the FedEx man sitting high inside his huge truck.

"Why are you doing this?", "Is this a part of your culture?",  he asked
"Nobody has ever done this to me,..you don't know what it means to me.."
then in mellow voice (looking at his dirty hands), "I wish to shake hands, but I won't".
I bowed down with folded hands, explained its meaning* and walked away wiping my eyes.

***
Aum Tat Sat (God is Truth)

*Namaste - this Hindi word (with a bow) means God inside me bows down to the God inside you

No comments: