Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Doing without Doership (poem)

All through the years I acted, as if I were the one who got the scholarship for my Ph.D.. But now, I know, that even back then (in 1992) it was God who did it.

When I act as if this temple of body and mind called Gunjan is “doing”, my karmas form another samskara (an imprint, which keeps me trapped in the cycle of birth and death). But each time I am able to “do” without taking the credit, for God is the real doer, then in that moment my karma (action) becomes imprint free.

That is like walking on sand without imprint and is a baby-yet-definite step towards being my God self.

That is what, as I understand is true Karma, letting God act “through” me.

***

Now, I am not doing any work.
Now, I am not thinking any words.
Now, I am not deciding any plan of action.
Now, I am not resisting God, to use me as His tool.

***
Hari Aum Tat Sat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms Gunjan

I believe you are a democratic person and respect views of others. I also believe you would not mind in case I say that I do not agree with your views.

You got scholoship because your karma helped to achieve that. Remember- "God help those who help them selves".

If one is escaping his/her responsibilities then I am sure one is not on the path of Karma, path of truth, path of God.

Can a nation grow if there is no development(Karma), can a society survive if there is no feeling of carrying on with the work oregiveness (Karma), can a family or friendship bond if there is selfness( Karma with out any regard to what others do), Can a person obtain respect without Karma.

Karma has brought together this world, society, family. Karma helps an individual to grow and realise the world. God Helps the world, society, family and individuals who trust Karma- selflessly.

I appreciate your respect for divergent views(which is missing in todays politics- refer infighting in BJP). God help those who do not respect divergence of views, individuals, familities, communities.

Gunjan said...

Dear Anonymous,

I agree to disagree.

But, here is how I see the differnce between my actions in 1989 and 2009. Here is another poem called acting with awareness at
http://surrenderlistenandgive.blogspot.com/2009/08/acting-with-awareness-poem.html

Feel free to write queries, even if I don't agree. I honor your perspective and inquisitiveness.

Gunjan