Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Sunday, August 23, 2009

To save my kids from drowning, I need to learn swimming (poem)

If I don't know how to swim, then I cannot take my kids to swimming.

If I don't know how to save myself from fire, then I cannot teach my kids to do the same.

If I don't know how to stand up for my truth against all odds, then I cannot tell my kids how to.

If I don't know how to first put my oxygen mask in an emergency during flight, then I cannot save my own kids either.

***
Hari Aum Tat Sat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Gunjan

In this poem also I would like to know your thoughts.

My kids learnt swimming although I don't how to swim. Need parents know every thing that their kids have to laearn. By doing that I think every children will be reflection of his/her parents and not an independent individual. Do children need parents like crutched every time and every where? Please share your views.

Gunjan said...

You have a good point. No, the parents don't have to know everything their kids need to learn.

But, here I am specifically talking about parents being the role model.

In the example of swimming, I meant that if I don't know how to swim, I cannot take my kids to swimming (without someone who knows), for I can't save them, if the need arises.

The key line in the poem is line #3, so that if I wish my kids to stand (against all odds) for their truth ( a calling form within), I need to have courage and walk the path to demonstrate, so that they see me doing it and know that it is doable, and find courage to do the same, when its their turn in their own life.

Actions speak louder than words.
Do you agree?

Let me know, if it still does not make sense.

I love your feedback.

Hugs,
Gunjan