Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Going Head over Heels (poem)

This morning, I woke up with a thought about Shoulder stand. During my morning meditation, I remembered the following.

In 2004, I was diagnosed with hyper-thyroid-ism and life was not fun. I was unable to drive and therefore unable to attend my regular Yoga class (where I had been learning Yoga for 3 years). One of my neighbors offered to teach me shoulder stand (also called Sarvangasna), a pose which significantly hastens healing from thyroid diseases. This is how I learned to go heels over head.

***

Standing on shoulders seemed like an impossibility.

However, trusting its healing powers kept me motivated.


Swinging legs up in the air (with momentum) felt like a challenge.

However, sensing the blood rushing towards head kept me practicing.


Increasing the time of holding the pose was like climbing Mt. Everest.

However, benefiting from its healing powers kept me trying.


Coming out of the pose smoothly was like solving an intricate puzzle.

However, controlling the transition with breath kept me going.


Connecting to the Being within is so much like learning shoulder stand.

However, experiencing its enormous blessings keeps me pursuing.

***

Aum Tat Sat

No comments: