Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sensibly Using Bin (poem)

This afternoon, while draining water from the cooked pasta, I saw stickier pasta sliding towards the crusher. In that moment I did not stop it, thinking that I would crush it (like I had done on previous occasions).

But, what followed was something contrary. When I turned the crusher on, the basin got flooded with water. I realized, in that moment that the sticky pasta had blocked the entire pipe line. And it took almost 2 hours to unclog the basin.

During those 2 hours, I regretted, not pulling out the sticky pasta and disposing it sensibly into the bin.

However, it was a big lesson learned.

And I chose to extrapolate it to dispose off “bothersome” thoughts.

After some reflection, I prayed to be more aware, when it comes to handling “such” thoughts. Perhaps, by detecting “their” symptoms, right from the very onset.

Now, I wish to use the bin sensibly for throwing away “these” parasitic thoughts.

Thank God for this sensible thinking and this poem.

Coincidentally, poem had sprung out this morning, while untying my sneakers after the walk.

***

Thoughts, that segregate me, are centered around ego,

And the ones that unite me, are centered around spirit.


Thoughts, that want me to expect, are rooted in the mind,

And the ones that propel me to give, are rooted in the heart.


Thoughts, that threaten me with deficiency, originate in the finite,

And the ones that comfort me with abundance, originate in the infinite.


Thoughts, that bother me, need to be sensibly thrown away into the bin,

And the ones that bless me, need to be consciously contemplated upon.


***

Aum Tat Sat

No comments: