Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Monday, March 30, 2009

Believe me, Magic does Happen (poem)

I was longing to be around the visiting Amma, it was Sunday, and I had already been around her at Homa (sacred fire) service, the previous day.

But, my heart was longing to hear something, what, I did not know. All I knew, was that with family around me it was difficult to step out, without disappointing or frustrating some family members, something I did not wish to do.

To my surprise, just in the time when her discourse had to begin (at the nearby temple), everyone in my family went for a nap.

Following the force within, I stepped out to hear those golden words,
“ Whatever we think about, we get more of that. If I think of problems, I get more of that and if I think of God, I get more of God's thoughts.... and to a devotee, nothing can touch, no harm can come....”

Even though I had read and heard these words many times before, but in that moment they had a deep impact, as if that is what needed by soul to rejuvenate

During the discourse, I was standing facing her from far away, receiving her energy and words. When I returned home after 1.5 hours, to my amazement, my family was just waking up from nap.

In that moment, I felt as if, the entire Universe had come around together to help me, much like what had happened at the time of Krishna's birth when all the watchmen in the prison slept, the locks opened and the level of river Yamaha lowered down so that, Krishna's father, Vasudeva, could save him from getting killed by his uncle.

Magic does happen, trust me, I am experiencing it, when Universe feels it is necessary, it steps forward to help.

***

When, my soul was longing to hear Amma speak,
When, my mind felt trapped in mundane commitments,
Then, magic happened, like what happened at Krishna's birth,
Then, everyone slept for the time I was away to listen golden words.

***
Aum Tat Sat (God is Truth)

No comments: