Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Monday, April 20, 2009

Truth is Pure, it is not Kind or Unkind (poem)

I was hugging everyone in a networking group and then came this gentleman who asked me to hug him in a certain way, which I did not wish to.

I politely refused and said, “It hurts my back.”

He yielded, stood up and received the hug, my way.

Later, during the day my body was hurting, telling me something was not OK.

When I meditated, I heard, that I had chosen to lie just to be kind. But, in the process, I had stabbed my own God.

I knew then, that I needed to change, my old thinking, choosing and reacting patterns.

I know, now , that I need to make choices based on what feels right to my spirit, instead of simply being nice to others.

Now, I know, that I need to reprogram my choices by stepping back, reflecting and asking my spirit for guidance as frequently as possible.

And even if I commit a mistake, I need to undo it as soon as possible before moving on and remember the lesson.

After much reflection, I realized, that this incident had led me to dig deeper and announce my newly discovered truth that I am giving only motherly hugs. Those who need it, are welcome to receive it, and those who are seeking something else, “Please excuse me, for you have got the wrong number.”

***

I used to be,
always evasive,
when,
I needed to utter no.

I used to be,
always caring,
when,
I knew it might hurt.

Now,
I know,
that all I care for is,
to speak my spirit.

Now,
I know,
that all I must do is,
to erase old patterns.

For now,
I have realized,
that truth is,
not kind or unkind.

For now,
I have realized,
that truth is,
what God truly is.

***
Aum Tat Sat (God is Truth)

No comments: