Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Laws of Reflection (especially dedicated to over 40)

I was talking to an old school friend about my workshops on observing Physics with elementary school kids, when he jokingly said, "You are doing this kids, what do you have to share with us, people over 40?". I smiled, wondering.

But this morning, I woke up with a thought that just as I tell kids (at my library workshops) to hit the ball against the wall, to understand the laws of reflection. Then I ask them, "If you roll out blue ball, will you get a pink or a yellow ball". They (and their parents) wonder why am I asking that. And then, I tell them, when you friend is being mean, you feel like being mean and that keeps on reflecting. For laws of reflection hold good in all domains, whether you can see it happening (like balls) or not (like IR on remote control for TV and power point presentation pens); and they get it that if they need affection from friends, they genuinely need to send out affection, even if the friend is not ready for hugs (by just thinking with affection and smiling towards them, but from heart not from mind). So, also the parents get it, as they mentioned in the feedback.

But, here is a real life example, where I witnessed laws if reflection working, with me in less than 20 minutes:

***
After meditating, with my heart full of love,
I drove towards Costco, to buy myself a juicer,
since I only had to pick that, I didn't pull a cart,
and started walking towards the entrance, on that windy day,
on my way I saw a women struggling with the wind blowing her cart,
and she trying to download her shopping stuff into the trunk of her car,
I merrily, paused, turned towards her, and smilingly offered to hold her cart,
she thanked me, for that much needed simple help, and I moved on saying "God bless you",

I picked up the juicer in that bulky packing and stood in the line to pay,
to my surprise, in the mid-day of weekday, there were 10 people ahead of me with loaded carts,
I chose to smile, even though I had started feeling the weight of the 20 pound juicer on my arms and back,
just then the lady in front of me, turned around towards me, created space in her cart and very affectionately said,
"If you want, you may place the juicer inside my cart, while you are waiting in this very long line to make the payment",
I accepted the offer, began talking to her about her kids and mine, what to juice and what not to and other motherhood/women topics,
Finally, we both paid, left Costco, as if we were great friends, without knowing each others names, or even exchanging email/phone numbers,
When, I placed the juicer inside my car, it hit me that it took less than 20 minutes for the laws of reflection to work, between my act giving and receiving help.

Wow, everything does get reflected back, whether I can see it or not :))
***
Aum Tat Sat (God is Truth)

No comments: