Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Saturday, June 11, 2011

For my son, on his 8th Birthday

My dear Gaurav,

As you turn 8, on June 12th, 2011, I would like you to know at least 8 things I really love about you.

1. The way you love ice hockey, and how you played with pencils and eraser in pretend games. How you fell on my feet, to buy the ice hockey stick for you, before the long weekend. For the loving looks and caresses, that you showered on the ice hockey stick, when it finally arrived.

2. The way you cook your omelet, with precisely cut thin long onions fried till almost brown, little green onions, a dash of red chilli powder, salt pepper added to well beaten egg, and 2 tiny shreds out of a green chilly, topped with a slice of cheese.

3. The way you play goalie games and cricket with me with new rules each day, and how you keep on winning against me, by diving on the ground to save each goal I try to hit against you.

4. The way you draw your rainbows, the smiling Sun, sketch in black and white the shooting war between sailing ships and flying airplanes in 3-D.

5. The way you keep asking about what will your friend with allergies eat (at your upcoming birthday party).

6. The way you neatly did the flip, when dancing with your classmates to "Dynamite".

7. The way you demand me to change you into night dress, and your belly hug.

8. The way you explore surroundings and ask me questions.

I pray to God, to bless His child, Gaurav, with Light.


With aise, aise, aise,


Mama

***
Aum Tat Sat (God is the only Truth)

No comments: