Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Walking through unknown areas = fresh perspective (poem)

I went out to check my daughter's high school,
before entering back inside car, I heard the chirp,
as if, asking me, "How about taking a walk near us, today?"
the breeze, the Sun, the empty side-walks, seemed very inviting.

I started walking around the unknown corners,
and saw different flowers, in pink, red, yellow colors,
they all seemed perfect, even the catcus, I always despise,
it was whispering, "Everyone is perfect, both you, and your husband."

I decided to walk further to the Safeway to buy mushrooms,
I saw a 5 yr old girl, sitting on a chair, holding her baby sister,
while her elder sister was helping mom, folding clothes in laundromat,
I felt gratitude flow down my spine, for I too could have been, born poor.

Inside Safeway, I straight away picked the mushrooms & apples,
I crossed the bananas, and remembered, we were short at our home,
I thought of letting my husband pick, for he likes to buy them elsewhere,
but, I bought few, for one of us needs to build the bridge, why not, it be me?
***
Aum Tat Sat (God is the only Truth)

No comments: