Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Monday, October 27, 2008

How Does a Prayer Work? (poem)

When my son was in preschool, one day he was coughing a lot. I wanted him to be given the cough syrup but the preschool needed paperwork from the hospital.

After making several anxious phone calls/messages to the doctor's office, I realized that the paperwork would not be faxed before his nap time.

In that moment, I resorted to what works best for me, which is Praying. Leaving phone aside, I started praying for my son's peaceful sleep.

When I picked him up in the AN, the teacher told me that he slept fine without coughing at all. I smiled within, and thanked God silently.

Recently, I was listening to another parents concern regarding her 4 year old son. I immediately shared this story with her and later when I reflected upon how I have experienced (first hand) things getting arranged, this following poem surfaced.

***

Prayer works most efficiently, when it is requested for someone else.

Prayer heals very quickly, when it is addressed by someone who loves.


Prayer arranges everything smoothly, when it arises out of necessity.

Prayer gets answered immediately, when it is made for seeking clarity.

***
Aum Tat Sat

No comments: