Surrender, Listen and Give

Surrender, Listen and Give Contact at Contact@FollowThyHeart.Org

Blog Archive

Thursday, October 16, 2008

What I am Not? (poem)

Yesterday, night I attended a wonderful talk about life, death and astral world. During this morning's meditation, I realized that all my manifestations are NOT really me. These manifestations are housing my real me, my imprinted soul, which is sometimes free to move around (as in Astral world) or sometimes resides inside a body (in this materialistic world). All that is visible is a wonderful, hi-tech house in which my soul resides. The cleanliness( hygiene), the maintenance(looks), the burglar/fire alarm (senses) are important for the presentable-packaging-and-protection of the soul which is residing within. I need to honor and take care of these manifestations much like a rental apartment instead of possessing it as my own home. And above all, reminding myself that, I am truly Not any of these.

***

I am Not my casual or fine clothes.

I am Not this pretty or pimpled face.

I am Not this trim or lumpy body.

I am Not this soft or rough skin.

I am Not this wise or weak mind.

I am Not this pink or red blood.

I am Not this deep or shallow breath.

I am Not these strong or weak bones.

I am Not these alert or craving senses.

I am Not this Ph. D. or untitled name.

I am Not this relaxed or stiff body.

I am Not anything, but a free spirit.

***
Aum Tat Sat

No comments: